The latest in children's mental health, strategies, parenting tips, and more written by Lutherwood staff and professionals.
- Calming Anxiety: Use Your Senses to Ground Yourself
Grounding skills help us move our attention away from our thoughts and focus on our physical body or the world around us. One helpful way to practice grounding skills is by using our five senses.Read More
- What are Grounding Skills and How Can They Help?
When it comes to supporting your teenager’s mental health, grounding skills are a powerful tool. Here's how you can practice them!Read More
- Unplug and Recharge Your Relationship with Technology for 2024
Start the new year with these tips on how you can unplug and recharge the relationship with technology for improved mental health and wellness.Read More
- Teen Mental Health: Tips to Ease Your Teenager's Holiday Anxiety
The holiday season can be a time of mixed emotions for many teenagers. Here's how the holidays can impact teenagers’ mental health and how parents/caregivers can help ease their anxiety.Read More
- Mental Health Resources for Parents and Caregivers Under Stress
This blog post introduces you to a wide range of mental health resources available in Waterloo Region, so you can prioritize your own mental health while caring for your loved ones.Read More
- 15 Family-Friendly Outdoor Self-Care Ideas For Fall!
It is that time of year again when the leaves are starting to change, and back-to-school energy is in the air! However, it will not be long before academic demands build up and school-related stress increases. Caregivers can support their child’s mental health by encouraging regular self-care activities.Read More
- Spending Time Outside: Benefits of Nature on our Mental Health and Wellbeing
As parents seeking support for your children's mental health or as young individuals looking for self-care guidance, the fall season is the perfect time to add nature into your self-care routines.Read More
- Pride in our Partners: Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention Council
In our ongoing effort to support children, youth and their families in the community, we’re proud to shine a light on the work of the Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention Council and their upcoming World Suicide Prevention Day Event.Read More
- 9 Simple Ways to Manage Back to School Anxieties
Settle into another new school year with these 9 simple strategies to help manage back to school anxieties.Read More
- Emotion Regulation Techniques for Parents
Emotion regulation is a DBT skill that helps us accept and manage our emotions. This makes it easier to choose how we react to situations, instead of being controlled by our feelings. For parents and caregivers, here's how you can teach your children simple emotion regulation skills at home.Read More