Woodlands Live-in Treatment
The Woodlands Live-In Treatment program is a therapeutic service for youth from 12 years of age up to their 18th birthday who are experiencing significant mental health, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Utilizing a family-based treatment model and a supportive school environment with therapeutic and skills building activities, this program helps to foster growth, healthy family relationships and achieve treatment goals.
Location and Hours
The program operates 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday out of Lutherwood’s Children’s Mental Health Centre at 285 Benjamin Road in Waterloo. Crisis support is available to youth and families in the Woodlands program by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Woodlands unit is a home-like environment where youth participate in treatment and skills building groups, outings, recreational activities and chores.
Using a client-focused, strengths-based approach, we provide:
- Individual, family and group counselling based on treatment goals
- Individualized school program and the opportunity to attain credits
- Skills teaching and coaching of Dialectical Behaviour Informed Therapy (DBT-I) strategies (life skills, emotion management, positive peer interactions and self-esteem)
- Health education and assessment
- Indoor and outdoor recreation, aquatic programming and community outings
- Home and community reintegration support
- Crisis support
- Health consultations, teaching and support
- Assessments, as required
Our Treatment Team
Each youth and family are assigned a Primary Worker and Clinical lead who work collaboratively to develop individual treatment goals. Our multidisciplinary team then supports the youth and family in achieving these goals in collaboration with the youth, family and community partners, if required.
The program is supported by an interdisciplinary team including Teachers, Child and Youth Counsellors, Intensive Family Support Worker, Clinician, Psychologist, Nurse Therapist, Music Therapist, Recreation Coordinator, Program Supervisor, Clinical Supervisor, Program Manager
How to Access
This program is accessed through Lutherwood’s Front Door by calling 519-749-2932 Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Our Assessment and Referral team will help determine if this program is right for your family.
To make a referral, please visit Information for Community Partners