We truly appreciate the time, dedication and energy
of our more than 100 volunteers and students as they enable us to better
support our clients and residents as they strive to reach their goals and improve their quality of life.
Volunteer with Us!
Explore exciting opportunities in children’s mental health, employment & housing at Lutherwood and with seniors at Luther Village on the Park.
- Activities - Luther Village on the Park
- Fitness - Luther Village on the Park
- Chaplaincy - Luther Village on the Park
- Friendly Companionship - Luther Village on the Park
- Technology Helper - Luther Village on the Park
- After School Activities and Recreation - Children's Mental Health
- Classroom Support - Children's Mental Health
- Evening Recreation and Activities - Housing
- Administration - Children's Mental Health and Employment
- Resource Centre - Employment
- Ambassador - The Foundation
Please contact the Placement & Training Coordinator at email@example.com (E-mail is preferred) or 519-707-1958 ext. 1238 to discuss your interests and goals.
Lutherwood offers a variety of student placements in many of our of service areas and at various sites. Student Placements are dependent on the Program’s need at the time of placement and hours/shifts will vary depending on the program. Student placements are unpaid. As a not-for-profit organization we are unable to offer paid co-op placements.
Available hours for Placements: Days, Evenings, Weekends. Overnights are not offered for student placements.
Programs that accept students:
Luther Village on the Park (139 Father David Bauer Drive, Waterloo)
- Recreation and Leisure
- Wellness (Masters of Social Work)
- Culinary Arts
Mental Health (285 Benjamin Road, Waterloo)
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Social Service Work
- Bachelor of Community and Criminal Justice
- Masters of Social Work
- Bachelor of Education
Employment (165 King Street E., Kitchener, 35 Dickson Street, Cambridge, and 89 Wyndham Street N., Guelph)
- Career Development Practitioner (preferred)
- Social Service Work
Housing - Note: Safe Haven Youth Services only (41 Weber Street W., Kitchener)
- Social Service Work
We are happy to explore additional possibilities outside of these programs upon request.
Please contact the Placement & Training Coordinator at 519-707-1958 ext. 1238 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss educational requirements and alignment with our programs.
If you are ready to apply, please e-mail your resume to the
Placement & Training Coordinator at email@example.com
and fill out the appropriate form below:
All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and must provide:
- Application form (Student)(Volunteer)
- 2 references, at least 1 professional
- Police Record Check with a vulnerable sector search (dated within the last 30 days)
Depending on the program and/or site that you are placed with, we may require additional screening to comply with our accreditation standards and/or to meet our licensing regulations:
Medical Clearance Check
- A copy of up-to-date immunizations.
- Luther Village on the Park volunteers will require a 2 step TB test (dated within the last 6 months). If you have completed a 2 step TB skin test before, then you are only required to complete a 1 step. You will need to provide documentation for both your prior 2 step TB test AND your 1 step when it is complete
- Please note that screening can take upwards of 4-6 weeks to receive all documentation. Please plan ahead, especially for student placements.
*If you are accepted as a Volunteer or Student, we will reimburse the cost of Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and the 2-Step TB Skin Test and Medical Certification where necessary for placement.
- We ask for a minimum of a 6 month commitment (university and college students who volunteer and will be away for co-op terms will be considered and can temporarily put their volunteering on hold)
- Students are only required to commit to the length of their placement, but will gladly be considered for a volunteer position after their placement if there is need in their program or other area of the Organization
- Orientation and online training is provided for all volunteers and students
- Program-specific, onsite training, and a health and safety tour is provided during the first week