Gain the knowledge and confidence needed to break into the Canadian workforce! Our Job Search Workshops will help you develop a targeted, effective job search plan, focused on what Canadian employers are looking for.
Our friendly and experienced staff understand the challenges and frustrations many newcomers face when looking for work in Canada and will guide you through the training program in an interactive and supportive environment. Workshops are available in-person (at our Guelph location) or online.
Topics Covered Include:
- The Canadian company perspective of employment – what employers are looking for
- Labour market information (LMI) – discover the skills, education and other requirements and salary for your desired occupation in Canada
- How to describe your work history, training and education within a Canadian context
- How to effectively sell your skills and accomplishments
- Networking techniques including how to conduct an information interview
- Preparing to network - how to present oneself in a professional manner
- Do’s and dont's of professional networking
This program is funded by the Government of Canada through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.