We truly appreciate the time, work and energy of our more than 110 volunteers and students as they enable us to better support our clients as they strive to reach their goals.
Volunteer with Us!
Explore exciting opportunities in children’s mental health, employment & housing at Lutherwood and with seniors at Luther Village on the Park.
- events & activities
- program support
- recreation & fitness
- resource centre
- supporting families
*At this time we have limited volunteer opportunities. Please contact the Volunteer Resources Coordinator at 519-707-1958 ext. 1238 or email@example.com to discuss your interests and goals.
Unpaid post-secondary program placements:
Social Service Worker, Child and Youth Care, Recreation and Leisure, Bachelor Social Work, Master Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, Nursing, Personal Support Worker
Programs that accept students:
- Children’s Mental Health
- Safe Haven Shelter
- Wellness Centre/ Social Work (Luther Village on the Park)
- Clinical Counselling at Lutherwood Family Counselling Services
- Child and Parent Place
- Employment Services
We are happy to explore additional possibilities outside of these programs upon request.
Please contact the Volunteer Resources Coordinator at 519-707-1958 ext. 1238 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss educational requirements and fit with our programs.
All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age (except at Luther Village on the Park) and must provide:
- cover letter and resume
- current Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Search*
- three references
Depending on the program and/or site that you are placed with, we may require additional screening to comply our accreditation standards and/or to meet our licensing regulations:
- Family and Children’s Records Check – at 285 Benjamin Road, Waterloo and 41 Weber Street W, Kitchener and with Child and Parent Place or Lutherwood Family Counselling Services
- Luther Village on the Park – 2-Step TB Skin Test
- Residential Facilities: 285 Benjamin Road, Waterloo and 41 Weber Street W, Kitchener – Medical Certification including: 2-Step TB Skin Test, copy of up-to-date immunizations
*If you are accepted as a Volunteer or Student, we will reimburse the cost of Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Family and Children's Services Records Check and the 2-Step TB Skin Test and Medical Certification where necessary for placement.
- As we invest a lot of time into training our volunteers, we ask for a 4-6 month commitment.
- Staff assistance and/or supervision is provided at all times.
- Orientation and program specific and site training is provided.
"Volunteers and students play an important and valuable role in helping us deliver exceptional service. They have a positive impact on our clients and they strengthen our teams and overall culture at Lutherwood." — Michelle Ruston, Volunteer Resources Coordinator