Lutherwood's Day Treatment program is a therapeutic service for children and youth between 6 years of age and up to their 18th birthday who are experiencing significant emotional and behavioural difficulties. The program combines a supportive school environment with therapeutic and skill training activities designed to foster normal adolescent growth and reach treatment goals. In partnership with the Waterloo Region District School Board and Waterloo Catholic District School Board, the program operates from 9 am – 3 pm Monday to Friday at our Children’s Mental Health Centre in Waterloo.
Using a client-focused, strengths-based approach, we provide:
- Individualized education program and the opportunity to attain credits
- Individual, group and family therapy
- School and community integration
- Recreational activities (gym, swimming, community outings)
- Milieu treatment (social responsibility, life skills, emotion management, positive peer relations and self esteem)
Each youth is assigned their own Primary Worker and Clinician who work with the youth and their families to develop individualized treatment goals. Our multidisciplinary treatment team then supports the youth and family in achieving these goals.
The treatment team includes:
- Program Manager
- Day Treatment Supervisor
- School Transition Worker
- Child and Youth Counsellors
- Nurse Therapist
- Music Therapist
- Recreation Therapist
- Psychiatric services are arranged with local medical professionals as required.
To access Lutherwood's Day Treatment program, visit Front Door.