Bridgelands Residential Treatment
Bridgelands is a unique therapeutic service for youth between 12 years of age and up to their 18th birthday who are experiencing significant mental health, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties requiring a longer term residential treatment program. This specialized seven day program provides stability, consistent therapeutic treatment and transition services for hard to serve youth in the care of child welfare agencies or those youth assessed through a service resolution process as requiring such a service.
Using a client-focused, strengths-based approach, we provide:
- Individual, family and group counselling based on treatment goals
- Individualized school program and the opportunity to attain credits
- Milieu treatment (social responsibility. Life skills, emotion management, positive peer interactions and self esteem)
- Health education and assessment
- Recreational activities (gym, swimming and community outings)
- Home and community reintegration support
- Crisis support
- Health consultations, teaching and support
- Resource support to agencies
- We conduct formal psychological assessments for an additional fee. Music therapy and pet visitation are available for a limited number of youth.
Each youth and family works with their own Primary Worker and Clinician to develop individual treatment goals. Our multidisciplinary team then supports the youth and family in achieving these goals. In collaboration with the youth, family, and community partners, if required. The treatment team for Bridgelands Program includes:
- Program Manager
- Child and Youth Counsellors
- Nurse Therapist
- Music Therapist
- Recreation Therapist
- School Transition Worker
- Psychiatric services are arranged with local medical professionals as required.
- 12 – 18 years old and exhibiting significant mental health and/or behavioural issues
- Require additional front line assessment and adjustment related to medication, educational needs and/or treatment planning
- Can progress within a group setting
- Can benefit from clear and consistent routines, structure and expectations
- Sufficiently developed cognitive abilities (exceptions may be considered)
- Can work toward identified goals within available resources.
Lutherwood uses a comprehensive intake process to ensure a good “fit” between the needs of the youth, the placement agency and this program. For more information on accessing this program or to arrange a visit, please call us at 519-884-1470 and ask to speak to the Bridgelands Supervisor. The Bridgelands Residential Treatment program is a contracted daily rate service.