Posted on Sep 8, 2023
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Salary: $20 - $22/hr
Position Type: Full-Time
Closing Date: Oct 8, 2023 at 12:00 AM
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
- Implement ICC Daycare policies in letter and spirit.
- Maintain children registration, waitlist and coordinate with the Region of Waterloo.
- Prepare and present weekly reports to the ICC Daycare Director.
- Provide training to the educators of the ICC Daycare.
- Supervise staff, trainees or volunteers.
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest.
- Maintain daycare records as required by the Ministry of Education.
- Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records.
- Prepare plans to engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts.
- Provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity.
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties.
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioral problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor.
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings.
- Knowledge of Day Nurseries Act.
- Knowledge of licensing regulations.
- Establish guidelines for behavior.
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members.
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children.
- Work Term: Full Time Permanent.
- Work Language: English.
- Hours: 40 hours per week.
- Education: Registered Early Childhood Educator - RECE.
- Experience: At least 2 years’ work experience as a supervisor in a registered daycare.
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate.
- First Aid Certificate.
- CPR Certificate.