Meat Butcher/Meat Cutter
Meat Butcher/Meat Cutter
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in a fully integrated beef production facility, performing precision meat cutting functions involving:
- Working in a time sensitive process deboning, trimming and preparing standard / specialized cuts of meats using knives;
- Cutting, trimming, and preparing precise products in accordance with client specifications
- Working with specialized knives and equipment in accordance with workplace health and safety requirement as well as safe food handling practices
- Maintaining equipment to ensure it is sharp and in good condition according to company standards;
- Maintain high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness;
- Training for entry level employees; and supervising other butchers/meat cutters
- Performing other duties as required consistent with the occupation
- Performing repetitive tasks
- Fast paced environment
- Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing to surroundings.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY EXPERIENCE:
- Manual cutting utensil, Band saw
- High School education
- 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value)
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
- Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work under cold conditions
- Commitment to safety and food quality processes
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision-making skills
- Reliability/ Dependability
- Basic English communication skills
COMPENSATION & HOURS:
- Hours of work: Monday-Friday
- Number of Hours/Week: 40
- Hours of work: 6:30AM-3:00PM
- Location: Guelph
- Salary and Benefits: $18.40 - $26.60/Hour + Benefits
Cargill is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply directly by following the link below:https://jobs.cargill.com/job/G...