Safe Haven Youth Services
Safe Haven Youth Services is a prevention-based program providing Waterloo Region youth between 12 years of age and up to their 18th birthday, respite, crisis and shelter services. Safe Haven offers immediate admission and services for up to 10 youth on a 24 hour/7 day a week basis. In a safe, caring environment, staff coach youth to address their needs and help them return home (if appropriate) or to another safe living arrangement.
Our program uses a client-focused, strengths-based approach to develop life and social skills, build self-esteem, manage emotions and promote health and wellness. The centre also offers:
- Food, clothing, laundry, shower facilities and access to medical care.
- Assistance with family reintegration.
- Assistance attending school and community activities.
- Links to other community-based youth and family supports and services.
Safe Haven is a prevention-based service providing:
- Family support
- Runaway prevention
- Educational support
- Community resource support
- Referrals to other community programs
Referrals are accepted 24 hours a day by contacting the Betty Thompson Youth Centre.