Rental Units Needed
Opportunity to fill units while helping your community
Each night, people live on the streets or in shelters because our affordable housing stock is limited. One of your units could provide a home to a person in need of safe affordable housing. You could significantly increase their quality of life and improve community health and well being. Lutherwood Housing Services, in partnership with the Region of Waterloo, is looking for landlords. We are asking you to partner with us to help house people in urgent need.
- We refer tenants to you, making it easy for you to quickly fill vacant units.
- You and your tenants receive support to achieve successful tenancies.
- Last month’s rent is funded for our referrals.
- Vacancy loss and some damages can be covered.
- You have one point of contact for prompt responses to your questions or inquiries.
"As a Landlord you hope to find tenants who are respectful, pay their rent on time, and treat your property as if it were their own. I began working with Lutherwood a few years ago, and my experience with them has exceeded all of my expectations. Lutherwood performs their own internal assessment of affordability before bringing them to me, and also provides ongoing support to their clients, which gives me a peace of mind. I am able to contact them anytime an issue arises that should require attention. Not only have they provided me with long term tenants, I enjoy that I have an opportunity to make a difference in my community." — Wendy P
How the partnership works:
- You sign an agreement with the Region to commit unit(s) to the program.
- You sign a standard lease with the tenant.
- Rent is paid to you by Lutherwood Housing Services and/or the Region of Waterloo and/or the tenant depending on the circumstances.
- As needed, housing support workers meet with tenants to connect them to resources that can help with everything from settling in to finding employment.
We are seeking apartments at or below the following market rents (including utilities)*:
- Bachelor: $939
- 1 bedroom: $1,205
- 2 bedroom: $1,428
- 3+ bedroom: $1,506
*Rates effective as of January 2019 (adjusted annually in January). There may be room for negotiation around utilities.
For more information or to join the program, please contact us.