Families in Transition (FIT)
The Families in Transition (FIT) program is a medium to high intensity program that works with families who are seeking an emergency shelter stay because they are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness within 7 days.
Family Shelter Diversion and Rapid Re-Housing
The FIT program provides centralized intake for families requesting emergency shelter. FIT supports families with eviction prevention services, shelter diversion and rapid re-housing from shelter, with the goal of reducing or avoiding emergency shelter stays.Through a coordinated shelter intake process FIT staff assess a family's housing needs and develop a plan for best housing options.
We can help you with:
- Eviction prevention
- Goal planning and assessing your needs
- Individualized and intensive housing support services
- Free use of resource area, including computers with internet access, phone and newspapers
- Housing information and resources
- Referrals to community resources
- Assistance with applying for subsidized housing programs
Please call 519-749-2450 or email to book and appointment.
The Families in Transition program is provided at no cost as it is funded by the Region of Waterloo.