Families in Transition (FIT)
The Families in Transition (FIT) program is a medium to high intensity program that works with families with dependents under 25 years of age, who are seeking an emergency shelter stay because they are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness within 7 days.
Family Shelter Diversion and Rapid Re-Housing
The FIT program provides centralized intake for families requesting emergency shelter. FIT supports families with eviction prevention services, shelter diversion and rapid re-housing from shelter, with the goal of reducing or avoiding emergency shelter stays.Through a coordinated shelter intake process FIT staff assess a family's housing needs and develop a plan for best housing options.
We can help you with:
- Eviction prevention
- Goal planning and assessing your needs
- Individualized and intensive housing support services
- Free use of resource area, including computers with internet access, phone and newspapers
- Housing information and resources
- Referrals to community resources
- Assistance with applying for subsidized housing programs
Please call 519-749-2450 or email to book and appointment.
The Families in Transition program is provided at no cost as it is funded by the Region of Waterloo.