Start the Conversation on Mental Health!
Your Online Toolkit
We have put together this toolkit to help make it easy for you (and your organization) to start the conversation on mental wellness, and to help fundraise for Lutherwood's mental health programs.
Use any material in this toolkit to spread the word about Steps for Kids through your social media channels and know that your efforts will make a big difference in reducing the stigma of mental health!
Our toolkit includes:
- Kick-off Your Online Fundraising
- Shareable Post Examples
- Shareable Images and Videos
- Facebook Photo Frame
- Opportunities to tell your story
- Other Downloadable Resources
- Connect with Us on Social Media
1. Kick-off your Online Fundraising
If this is your first time fundraising, you might want to check out our 6 quick and easy steps to get started.
2. Shareable Posts
Use any of these sample posts with an image below to help us spread the word!
- May 3-9 is @LutherwoodCanada's annual #StepsForKids event. Each year, countless individuals walk to raise awareness for children's mental health. This year, we are joining in on their Virtual Walk, in order to keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 Pandemic! Sign up now at www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca, and share your walk on social media with the hashtag #StepsforKidsChallenge
- Everyone is affected by mental health in some way. This May, reach out and make a change in someone’s life. Join @LutherwoodCanada’s #StepsForKidsChallenge Virtual Walk event and take #StepsThatMatter. Sign up at www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca
- Sometimes the best way to support a person struggling with mental health is just showing you are there, even if this year, it can't be physically. Join @LutherwoodCanada’s #StepsforKidsChallenge and walk our virtual walk to show youth that you care! Sign up at www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca
- On May 3-9, we are stepping towards a healthier community that stays united in times of uncertainty. We are stepping for children's mental health. Join #Lutherwood in their virtual #StepsforKids walk for children's mental health! #StepsForKidsChallenge #LiftTheStigma
- The struggle with #mentalhealth doesn't have to be an individual battle. Join @Lutherwood this Children's Mental Health Week as we walk virtually together to lift the stigma around mental health. #StepsForKidsChallenge
- Give the gift of some #MentalHealthSupport and participate in #StepsForKidsChallenge. We’re ready to step together (virtually) with Lutherwood this year, and to discuss mental health in the workplace. #StepsThatMatter #LiftTheStigma
- We have the power to #LiftTheStigma around mental health, and it starts with you. Join @LutherwoodCMH this Children's Mental Health Week (May 3-9) and walk virtually with us for everyone who has touched your life and continues to struggle. Take the #StepsforKidsChallenge and see what our Virtual Walk is all about! Sign up at www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca
- COVID-19 is affecting us all. For kids already struggling with their mental health, it’s getting harder to cope. During Mental Health Week (May 3-9) show your support and join @LutherwoodCMH Virtual Steps for Kids. Show children, youth and their families in Waterloo Region that you care. For more information, to sign up, or to donate, visit www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca
- This year, it's more important than ever to show youth that they aren't alone, at a time when many of us feel more alone than ever before. Join us and hundreds of others as we walk virtually for children's mental health in the #StepsforKidsChallenge. Sign up now at www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca
3. Shareable Images and Video
Attach any of these images to one of the posts above on the respective social channel! Click any image to download.
4. Facebook Photo Frame
We created this fun frame to use on your Facebook profile photo. Add it to your profile to show your friends that you are supporting children's mental health.
Access the frame here
5. Opportunities to Tell Your Story
We want to know why you are taking part in Steps for Kids. Please tell us why mental health is important to you and/or if there is a loved one you are honouring through your walk.
Tell us by sharing your photos, videos and messages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the #StepsforKids hashtag.
6. Other Downloadable Resources
7. Connect with Us
Our Facebook event page will have the latest updates about the event. We encourage you to join this page, share it with your networks, and invite them to join us on our virtual walk!
Follow Us on Social Media
Like, share or retweet any of the posts on our social channels and use the hashtag #StepsForKidsChallenge
Questions? Contact Us
By phone: 519-884-1470 Ext. 2123
By e-mail: email@example.com