Start the Conversation on Mental Health!
Your Online Toolkit
We have put together this toolkit to help make it easy for you (and your organization) to start the conversation on mental wellness, and to help fundraise for Lutherwood's mental health programs.
Use any material in this toolkit to spread the word about Steps for Kids through your social media channels and know that your efforts will make a big difference in reducing the stigma of mental health!
Our toolkit includes:
- Kick-off Your Online Fundraising
- Shareable Post Examples
- Shareable Images and Videos
- Facebook Photo Frame
- Opportunities to tell your story
- Other Downloadable Resources
- Connect with Us on Social Media
1. Kick-off your Online Fundraising
If this is your first time fundraising, you might want to check out our 6 quick and easy steps to get started.
2. Shareable Posts
Use any of these sample posts with an image below to help us spread the word!
- May 5th is Lutherwood's annual #StepsForKids event. Each year, countless individuals walk to raise awareness for children's mental health. We're excited to be participating in this year's walk! Join us and the many others and sign up now at www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca
- Everyone is affected by mental health in some way. This May, reach out and make a change in someone’s life. Join Lutherwood’s #StepsForKids event and take #StepsThatMatter. Sign up at www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca
- Sometimes the best way to support a person struggling with mental health is just showing you are there. Join Lutherwood’s #StepsforKids walk and show youth that you care! Sign up at www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca
- On May 5th, we are stepping towards a healthier community, a more open community, and most of all, we are stepping for children's mental health. Come join #Lutherwood in their annual #StepsforKids walk for children's mental health! #StepsThatMatter #LiftTheStigma
- The struggle with #mentalhealth doesn't have to be an individual battle. When we reach out and speak up, we have the power to create a brighter future. Join Lutherwood on May 5th as we walk to lift the stigma around mental health. #StepsForKids
- Give the gift of some #MentalHealthSupport and participate in #StepsForKids. Having someone there to support can be a huge help! We’re ready to step together with Lutherwood and discuss mental health in the workplace. #StepsThatMatter #LiftTheStigma
- We have the power to #LiftTheStigma around mental health, and it starts with you. Join Lutherwood on May 5th and walk for everyone who has touched your life and continues to struggle. Take #StepsThatMatter. Sign up now at www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca
- The struggle with mental health doesn't have to be an individual battle. When we reach out and speak up, we have the power to create a brighter future. Everyone has a role to play, and you're not alone. Join Lutherwood and (insert organization name) as we walk to alleviate the stigma around mental health at #StepsForKids on May 5th. Sign up now at www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca
- What is it about Steps for Kids that inspires over 700 people to support, advocate and walk for Lutherwood’s amazing event every year? Simple: it’s Lutherwood’s support for children and their wellbeing. We’re joining Lutherwood, and we’re taking steps that matter. Sign up now at www.lutherwoodstepsforkids.ca
3. Shareable Images and Video
Attach any of these images to one of the posts above on the respective social channel! Click any image to download.
4. Facebook Photo Frame
We created this fun frame to use on your Facebook profile photo. Add it to your profile to show your friends that you are supporting children's mental health on May 5th.
5. Opportunities to Tell Your Story
We want to know why you are taking part in Steps for Kids. Please tell us why mental health is important to you and/or if there is a loved one you are honouring through your walk.
Tell us by sharing your photos, videos and messages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the #StepsforKids hashtag.
If you are a business who would like to have your story told through Lutherwood's social media channels, please let us know and we would be happy to come to your location to take a photo or create a mini video on why mental health is important to your staff. Click here to get in touch with us!
6. Other Downloadable Resources
7. Connect with Us
Our Facebook event page will have the latest updates about the event from now until May 5th. We encourage you to join this page, share it with your networks, and invite them to attend!
Follow Us on Social Media
Like, share or retweet any of the posts on our social channels and use the hashtag #StepsForKids.
Questions? Contact Us
By phone: 519-884-1470 Ext. 2123
By e-mail: email@example.com