Online Employment Counselling
There is no one-size-fits-all service. That’s why in addition to the in-person Employment Ontario Services available at our 3 office locations in Waterloo Region and Guelph-Wellington, we offer the flexibility and convenience of an online Career Coach.
When you register for our online employment counselling services, the Career Coach will connect with you by email to help identify your employment or training goals and provide personalized assistance with all aspects of your job search including:
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Effective job search strategies
- Networking and social media presence
- Interview preparation
- Exploring career options
Benefits of Online Employment Counselling
- Flexibility – You can work at your own pace and send messages to your Career Coach at any time, day or night, and you will receive a response within 1-2 business days.
- Convenience – You can get job search advice from the comfort of your own home or any location with an internet connection.
- Accessibility – Face-to-face meetings are not required! Great for stay at home parents without current daycare or individuals with busy schedules, lack of transportation or mobility issues, and those living with a disability.
- Unemployed or working less than 20 hours per week
- Not in full time education or training
- Legally able to work in Canada
To get the most out of online employment counselling, individuals should have:
- Regular access to a computer, laptop or tablet with reliable internet service
- High level of comfort communicating using technology such as email
- Strong self-management skills with the ability to work independently on tasks and follow-up regularly with the Career Coach for advice and updates
- At least one e-mail address that is checked every day without difficulty logging in
- Experience using social media, such as LinkedIn or Facebook
To sign up for online employment counselling, please complete the registration form below. An Online Career Coach will respond within 1 to 2 business days to complete your registration and discuss your work-related goals. Please also check your junk email folder if you do not receive a response in your inbox.
Not the right program for you? No problem. Contact us to get information about the other employment services available in your community.
This Employment Ontario program is funded by the Ontario government