Become a Mentor
Share Your Insights and Inspire Others
Join us in our mission to inspire hope and strengthen lives of newcomers and their families. Help them to build their new life in Canada by sharing your expertise as a mentor.
By helping internationally trained individuals access their profession in Canada, you will contribute to their family’s future.
- Support someone at a very critical time of change
- Inspire others and be inspired
- Improve mentees’ self-esteem
- Exchange cultural experiences
- Share and learn local and international business practices
- Develop leadership excellence and strengthen coaching skills
- Willing to commit 1 hour a week over a 3 month period
- Professionally employed or recently retired with at least 2 years of experience working in Guelph-Wellington and area
- Keen to contribute to our local economy’s success by sharing their professional expertise and networks
- Required to provide 2 professional references
Mentors can also contribute to other activities such as special events, mock interviews, information interviews and workshops.
For more information or to register as a mentor, please contact Carlos Martins at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is funded by the Government of Canada through Citizenship and Immigration Canada