The 45+ program supports Cambridge residents who are 45 years of age and older receiving Social Assistance.
Program participants will:
- Work with an Employment Advisor to develop a customized Return to Work Action Plan
- Improve employment contacts through networking opportunities
- Receive support in connecting to employers and other community supports
- Attend specialized workshops to improve job search skills, gain certifications and discuss other topics of interest to experienced workers (e.g. Coping with Mid-Life Job Loss, Effective Communication, Self-Marketing for Mature Workers)
- Complete twenty-five (25) hours of job search-related activities a week for up to 8 weeks
- 45 years of age or older
- In receipt of Ontario Works
- Willing and able to commit to completing 25 hours of job search related activities per week for up to 8 weeks
The first step is to speak to your Ontario Works Caseworker to see if the 45+ program may be right for you. Please call or visit the Cambridge location for more information.
Not the right program for you? No problem. Contact us to get information about the other employment services available in your community.
This joint-initiative is funded by the Region of Waterloo.