Employment Services Client Handbook
Welcome to Lutherwood's Employment Services.
We know you came to us for help with your employment needs. Our friendly, knowledgeable Employment Services staff will treat you with respect and offer you the best support we can.
Through our 3 convenient service locations, we connect jobseekers in the Waterloo Region, Guelph and surrounding areas with employers, training, funding and jobs.
Click here to download a printable PDF version of this Employment Services Client Handbook
We provide individualized service to people looking for employment, and our staff speak several languages. Our Employment Advisors will work with each job seeker to develop a customized plan, assess their needs and support and guide individuals toward their employment goals. And our Employment Consultants establish, develop and maintain relationships with employers to match the needs of both employers and job seekers.
Free Services Include:
- Resume Assistance
- Job Search Tools
- Resource Centres
- One-to-One Assistance
- Group Workshops
- Career Planning
- Education & Training Options
- Work Experience Opportunities
- Job Placements
- Job Searching Tips
With over three decades of experience, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the right job for you! Learn more about our Services for Job Seekers.
It is our goal to assist you to achieve your employment, education, training goals. In doing so, we are committed to providing you with the highest level of service possible.
The Personal Service You Can Expect from Us
In all our contacts with you, we will:
- Treat you as an individual by offering you the service which best meets your needs.
- Be helpful, polite, considerate, open, fair and honest.
- Provide a welcoming and friendly resource centre environment.
- Ensure equal access regardless of age, different abilities, race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, marital status or sexual orientation, including members of the BIPOC and LBGTQIA+ communities.
We Continuously Strive To:
- Provide you with up to date information and resources on employment, education, careers and training.
- Support your right to make informed choices.
- Assist you in meeting your employment, education and training goals.
- Be flexible in responding to your needs.
Please Help us Serve You Better:
While receiving service through Lutherwood, every participant has rights. Your participation is protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Your rights with regard to participating in Lutherwood’s programs and services will be reviewed with you during the intake process. These rights include:
- You must recognize that service is voluntary and that you give consent to the service. Consent means that you clearly understand all aspects of the service.
- You have the right to be informed of any information, decisions and actions that will affect you.
- You have the right to participate in all decision making relevant to you.
- You have the right to review and, if necessary, correct Agency information in the file/record.
The following is a list of expectations for those participating in our programs that will help you to get the most out of your experience:
- Let us know your needs in the most accurate and complete way possible so we can provide the most appropriate service options.
- Be respectful of other participants, volunteers, students, staff and property.
- Contact us when unable to keep appointments or of any change of address or other information relevant to service.
- Inform us of health and safety concerns and any accommodation required.
- Provide feedback on services and programs.
- Observe the terms of the service agreement.
Before participating in our services, you will sign a Service Agreement. Our services are voluntary and the decision to participate is up to you. Signing the Service Agreement confirms that you wish service from Lutherwood and that you understand the agreement.
The service agreement clearly outlines what things Lutherwood is responsible for and committed to provide. As well, the agreement outlines your responsibilities.
Both you and Lutherwood will be working together to make this service work. You can review this service agreement at any time and ask for changes. However, some areas, such as confidentiality or duty to report cannot be changed
If you decide that you no longer wish to receive services, you can end your participation and your Service Agreement with us any time. If we notice that you are having trouble participating, we will try to work with you resolve and issues or barriers that might be making it difficult for you. In some cases, we may need to end service with you but are always open to starting again once you are ready.
When you enter one of our programs, we start a file. We only collect information necessary to provide service and to support you.
Lutherwood is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of its clients. You can learn more about your Client Records and our Privacy Policies on our Privacy and Confidentiality page.
Our employment programs are expanding with culturally aware staff and we continually educate ourselves on the diverse needs of our community. We invite you to read more about Lutherwood, our Mission, Vision and Values, and about our commitment to Anti-Racism and Land-Acknowledgement throughout our website.
Our tagline is our commitment to you: Caring People. Strengthening Lives.