Employment Services Blog
The latest in job search strategies, resume tips, and more! Written by Lutherwood staff.
- Not hearing back from employers? Read This!
If you are sending out hundreds of resumes and getting no response from employers, here's what you should do.Read More
- What is the Difference Between a Résumé and a Cover Letter?
Have you ever wondered what the difference is between a résumé and cover letter? Here is an everyday example to illustrate how each is one unique.Read More
- 5 Effective Ways to Use Facebook as a Job Seeker
Here are five tips for using Facebook that could improve your chances of getting hired.Read More
- 5 Important Steps to Choosing your Path after High School
In this blog post, we will take you through 5 steps that career coaches commonly use with clients to help them figure out what they want to do after high school.Read More
- Demolish Mountains to Open New Paths
After a successful teaching experience in China and Japan, Mary Beth thought her future was on track. However, when she returned home, she was faced with challenges that made finding employment difficult.Read More
- New to Canada? Here's how you can land your first job through LinkedIn!
If you live in North America and are looking for a job or a new business opportunity, LinkedIn is almost mandatory. Read our latest blog to find out why.Read More
- It’s Not Too Late to Get That Summer Job!
Summer is almost here! With the school year coming to end, you may be wondering if it’s too late to find a summer job. The good news is it’s not too late. There are still opportunities out there. If you are a student looking for summer employment, here are some easy last minute job search tips.Read More
- Local Business Eases the Transition for New Canadians
At Danby Appliances in Guelph, CEO Jim Estill has taken on an extraordinary commitmentRead More
- You have the power to impact people’s lives for real and it is really simple.
Would you like to change lives? Being a mentor is a two-way positive experience. It is an opportunity to share your knowledge with others and also learn a different perspective.Read More
- 3 Tips for Considering Self-Employment
Whatever your reason is for starting a business, there are several pitfalls which, if not avoided, can be very costly and time consuming.Read More