• Under the direction of the Assistant Manager of Food Services, assumes responsibility for meeting the dietary and food service requirements of the residents.
• Provides guidance and training to food services staff in all dietary and food preparation procedures.
• Communicates and answers questions from residents and guests.
YOUR TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Grade 12 or Red Seal with formal training in food preparation and service preferred.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with residents and staff.
• Must be able to perform mathematical calculations for ordering food, and calculating portions.
• Has had previous experience developing menus for the senior population.
• Has a solid understanding of how to use and maintain kitchen equipment.
• Must demonstrate empathy for and understanding of the needs of seniors, their families and the professionals engaged in their care.
• Must be knowledgeable of and capable of interpreting legislation related to food handling, WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety and infection control.
We want to know more about you & how you can help us achieve our Mission.
Lutherwood fosters a workplace culture that respects, appreciates and values diversity. Candidates of all ethnicities, races, genders, sexual/gender identities, cultural backgrounds, abilities and beliefs are encouraged to apply.
Please apply, in confidence, no later than 4:00pm on Friday March 5, 2021.Apply Now
This is an internal and external posting. Lutherwood requires all employees to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment. We require certain positions to obtain a Medical Certification.
If you require accommodation for submitting your application, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 519-783-3710.