LAST UPDATED: Friday, March 20th at 3:10pm
Responding to COVID-19
At Lutherwood, our top priority remains the health, safety and well-being of our clients, residents and staff. Given the onset of the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) pandemic, we are working hard to prevent/minimize the spread of the virus. We continue to consider Region of Waterloo Public Health advice as a basis for our decisions.
We are still serving clients and families. To keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible, we are:
- Limiting in-person, face-to-face service wherever possible. Our Resource Centres are CLOSED. We are supporting clients over the phone or through virtual meetings wherever possible and practical, and providing face-to-face service only when absolutely necessary.
- Active Visitor/Client Screening. We are actively screening all clients/visitors prior to face-to-face appointments. When visitors arrive, they will be greeted by a staff member who will ask if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- In-home visits. Before meeting with a client, staff will be calling ahead where possible to determine if clients are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms including fever and/or new onset of cough or difficulty breathing as well as whether they have traveled outside Canada.
- Appointments: If you are feeling unwell, we are happy to reschedule our meeting with you or we can arrange to speak with you on the phone or via video conference as appropriate.
Mental Health Services
Children's Mental Health Centre, 285 Benjamin Road, Waterloo
- Treatment services continue
- Essential visitors only, and they are screened at the door
- School program closed, consistent with School Board
Community Mental Health
- Front Door’s Quick Access Service continue by appointment at 1770 King St E, Kitchener.
- Services are provided by phone and virtual options whenever possible
- Phone 519-749-2932 and press 1 to arrange for an appointment.
- Our Langs and Dickson Street (Cambridge) Quick Access locations are temporarily closed
- Staff will pre-screen visitors for COVID-19 symptoms in advance of appointments
- Registration for services is available online
- Individual client/staff appointments continue, by phone/virtual means
- Resource Centres are closed until further notice
- Workshops are cancelled until further notice
- In-home visits (Paths2home & Families in Transition clients) continue after pre-screen for COVID-19 symptoms
- Resource Centre services continue via phone, virtual or email
- Safe Haven Youth Service Remains OPEN
Reducing the Spread of Germs
To protect yourself and others from the spread of germs and viruses including COVID-19, we recommend you:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals and long-term care centres if you are sick
- Avoid handshaking
Keeping You Informed
We will continue to keep the website information on COVID-19 current, so continue to check back regularly.