At Lutherwood, our top priority remains the health, safety and well-being of our clients, residents and staff. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have worked hard to prevent and minimize the spread of the virus while still assisting our clients as fully as we can.
Since mid-March our Resource Centres have been closed, but we are supporting clients over the phone and through virtual meetings wherever possible and providing face-to-face service only when absolutely necessary. We are also still working hard to maintain service in our Mental Health programs.
Below is more information on accessing our services:
Children's Mental Health Services
- Youth Treatment Services continue at 285 Benjamin Road
- Front Door’s Quick Access Service continue - phone 519-749-2932 and press 1 to arrange for an appointment
- Our Langs and Dickson Street (Cambridge) Quick Access locations are temporarily closed
- In-home visits (Paths2home & Families in Transition clients) continue after pre-screen for COVID-19 symptoms
- Resource Centre services continue via email, video chat and phone. Call to set up an appointment (Kitchener: 519-749-2450/Cambridge: 519-623-9380)
- Safe Haven Youth Services Remains OPEN
- Individual client/staff appointments continue by phone and virtual means. Contact us by phone, text or through our online form (located at beemployed.ca) to make an appointment.
- Beemployed.ca is a one-stop portal launched in response to the COVID-19 pandemic that includes phone and chat features to get in touch with Employment Advisors, guides on how to apply for government assistance, job search courses and resources, and a current job bank where employers can list openings and job seekers can apply right on the site.
"The counsellor is wonderful, helped me find next steps and to be honest, made me feel better about who I am and how I'm feeling."