Client Complaints Process
If you have a concern or compliant about our services or staff, we encourage you to share it with us so that we have the opportunity to fully understand the situation from all perspectives and explore options to reach a mutually agreeable resolution. As a result, our client complaint process is built on our values of Respect for Others, Care, Working Together and being Accountable.
Communicating and Resolving Your Concern or Complaint
At any point during this process, you can access staff and leadership contact information through your designated worker, by walking into any Lutherwood location or by going to our website
- As a first step, we encourage you to raise your concern or complaint directly with a staff member who will seek to understand your perspective in order to find an appropriate and meaningful resolution.
- If, after talking to the staff member, your concern or complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you are welcome to contact the Program Supervisor or Manager. The Supervisor or Manager will acknowledge your complaint within 2 business days and follow up with you personally.
- If the above steps do not help resolve your concern or complaint, we advise you to formally put your concern in writing to the Director of the program. If the Director is not able to assist you, your concern or complaint can be elevated to our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or designate.
- The Director, CEO or designate will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 business days and then investigate the complaint by talking with you directly as well as the other people involved. A Lutherwood staff member or program supervisor/manager is available to support you with this step if you wish including attending any meetings with you. The Director, CEO or designate will respond to you with a resolution within 30 working days, or you will be notified in writing that it will take longer and given the reasons for the delay.
- If you are still not satisfied with the resolution, you may request the concern or complaint be forwarded to the Chair of the Lutherwood Board of Governors. The Board Chair will call a meeting of Board representatives and invite you to attend to present your concerns. You are encouraged to bring any staff person you wish for support, or an outside support person at the discretion of the Board Chair. If considered necessary, the Board will discuss the complaint without any staff present and then make a recommendation. This information will be sent to you in writing.
- While you are encouraged to work with us to find a resolution, if, at any time, you would like to talk to someone outside of Lutherwood, we will provide you with contact information for the relevant government contact and/or advocate’s office.