The Rent Bank Program is a loan based program with the goal of assisting tenants with rental arrears or last month's rent. Tenants are currently experiencing homelessness or are at imminent risk of eviction. The proigram also supports individuals or families to access and maintain permanent housing and links them to available resources in the community. Through staff support clients are introduced to tools to address housing barriers and crisis situations.
Services may also include the following:
- Information on landlord and tenant relations
- Information on the eviction process
- Information on tenant rights and responsibilities
- Financial literacy support
- All loans are provided interest free
- Repayment schedule will take into consideration the tenant’s current budget
The Lutherwood Rent Bank and Eviction Program offers services in Kitchener and Cambridge.
In Kitchener, drop-in between 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday – Friday at 41 Weber Street West, Kitchener or call 519-749-2450.
In Cambridge, drop-in between 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday at 35 Dickson St, Cambridge or call 519-623-9380.